Local artists invited to submit entries for a community-wide stairwell fitness campaign
The Mayor’s Fitness Council (MFC) announces a graphic design contest and invites local graphic artists, including students of the profession, to participate. The winning submission will be used in a community-wide campaign to encourage individuals to utilize stairs instead of elevators or escalators. Using the stairs on a regular basis encourages physical activity and saves energy compared to using elevators and escalators.
The MFC’s community-wide stairwell campaign will include the use of motivational posters placed in or near stairwells or at the base of elevators and escalators reminding individuals to use the stairs. The MFC seeks contestants to help create the new community-wide campaign by designing the artwork for the motivational posters used to encourage individuals to take the stairs.
- Graphic design for overall stairwell campaign
- Graphic design that is scalable to a variety of size posters, signs, or other applications.
- Artwork is appealing and motivating to a wide audience
- Artwork complements logos of: FitCitySA.com; MFC; and SABGH
- Artwork represents culture of San Antonio
- Winner must provide electronic version of artwork upon request
- Must submit graphic proof no later than Monday, April 1, 2013 by email: email@example.com
The MFC will collaborate with many of its networks, including the San Antonio Business Group on Health (SABGH), to promote the campaign and recruit local businesses and community agencies to participate and post the signage in their buildings. The winner of the contest will be recognized by the Office of Mayor Castro, the MFC and the SABGH, announced through promotion of the community-wide stairwell campaign, and credited on the posters used in the campaign.