Deadlines and Financial Assistance
- Open enrollment deadline to enroll in health insurance through the Affordable Care Act/Marketplace is Dec. 15, 2019. After this date, individuals and families will have to wait until the next open enrollment period unless they have a qualifying event such was a marriage, adoption, change in employment, etc.
- Health insurance plans through the ACA are affordable, with many families paying as little as $3 per day to insure their entire family. Financial assistance is available based on income levels. Approximately 87 percent of individuals who signed up for a plan received financial assistance, with the average cost of plans being $101 per month.
Easy Ways to Apply:
- On-line at www.healthcare.gov. or www.cuidadodesalud.gov.
- By phone at @ 1-800-318-2596 (Any language)
- In Person: San Antonians can easily locate an enrollment assister by calling 211, option 1, or by visiting www.enrollsa.com and click on the “Enroll Now” button.
Events for In-Person Help:
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cultivate Behavioral Health
- Saturday, Dec. 7, noon to 3 p.m., Walmart Brooks City Base, hosted by Bexar County Commissioner Tommy Calvert
- Saturday, Nov. 23, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Wonderland of the Americas, hosted by Texas Senator José Menéndez
Required Documentation to Enroll:
- Social security number for every person in the family
- Tax return for the last year
- Last check stub for 2018
- Proof of legal status
- Health insurance information from current employer, if applicable
Frequently Asked Questions:
English: In this video, Texas Organizing Project community organizer Sandra Forrester answers some frequently asked questions about the Affordable Care Act.
Español: In este video, NOWCastSA intern Justice Garza responde algunas preguntas frecuentes sobre la Affordable Care Act.