Deadlines and Financial Assistance
November 1, 2021 through January 15, 2022 is the open enrollment period for applying for healthcare insurance, Medicaid, children’s health insurance program, and provided by the Affordable Care Act for the 2022 year through the marketplace. To have coverage starting January 1, 2022, make sure to apply by December 15, 2021.
After the deadline of January 15, 2022 enrollment for health insurance is only available through a special enrollment period. Financial assistance for healthcare insurance is based on age, income, and household size. To qualify for the special enrollment period after January 15, any of the following conditions must be met:
- Recently married
- The adoption or foster care of children or experienced recent birth to a child
- Recently divorced, legally separated, and the resulting loss of health insurance
- If someone on your insurance plan dies, resulting in ineligibility of healthcare insurance
- Changes in residence
Need Assistance? Schedule an Appointment:
- Online at EnrollSA.com
- By phone at @ 210-977-7997
How to Apply:
- Make an appointment for remote assistance at a clinic that is partnered with EnrollSA. Enroll SA is a coalition of various faith-based, health care and community organizations whose mission is to promote healthcare insurance enrollment for the people of the city of San Antonio and surrounding communities.
- Make an appointment for in-person assistance for healthcare insurance enrollment at the following EnrollSA partners:
- CentroMed Southside Clinic, 3750 Commercial Ave., San Antonio, TX 78221
- CentroMed Noemi Galvan Eling Medical Clinic, 5542 Walzem Rd., San Antonio, TX 78218
- Apply online at healthcare.gov, https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/ (Spanish)
- By phone at: (210)977-7997 (Enroll SA) or calling healthcare.gov at 1-800-318-2596
Required Documentation to Enroll:
- Social Security number for every person in the family
- Tax return, social security benefits, check stub, etc.
- Proof of legal status
- Health insurance information from current employer, if applicable
Frequently Asked Questions:
English: In this video, Texas Organizing Project community organizer Sandra Forrester answers some frequently asked questions about the Affordable Care Act.
Español: In este video, NOWCastSA intern Justice Garza responde algunas preguntas frecuentes sobre la Affordable Care Act.