Birth Certificates available at four San Antonio Public Library branches

Updated July 5, 2016: The San Antonio Public Library no longer issues Immunization Records. For more information regarding eligibility and requirements to obtain immunization records, please visit the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District at City locations offering immunization records include:

  • Frank Garrett Center, 1226 NW 18th St., 78207, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., M-F
  • San Antonio Metro Health Immunization Branch Headquarters, 332 W Commerce St., San Antonio, TX 78205, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., M-F


Birth certificates (birth dates in 2005 and later) are available year-round at the following San Antonio Public Library libraries through a partnership between the San Antonio Public Library and the Office of the City Clerk. Records will be provided in-person only with the proper supporting documents of identification. Hours of operation vary by location, so see for details.

  • Las Palmas Branch Library, 515 Castroville Rd., 78237
  • Great Northwest Branch Library, 9050 Wellwood St., 78250
  • Thousand Oaks Branch Library, 4618 Thousand Oaks, Dr., 78233
  • Mission Branch Library, 3134 Roosevelt Ave., 78214


Other City locations offering vital records:

  • Vital Records, 719 S. Santa Rosa St., 78204, 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F


The cost for birth certificates is $23. Payment is accepted by cash, check or money order made out to The City of San Antonio. For more information regarding eligibility and requirements to obtain birth certificates, please visit the Office of the City Clerk at For full information about how to purchase birth certificates from the San Antonio Public Library, please visit

NOTE: Birth certificates available by the Office of the City Clerk through the San Antonio Public Library MUST meet the following requirements (other City locations offer expanded records):

  • Individuals must have been born in the City of San Antonio or Bexar County during or after 2005.
  • Records are not available for individuals born on military bases.
  • Documents that show proof of relationship must be provided.