Updated for 2019: Before you break out the barbecue pit for the July 4th holiday, take out the trash.
Yes, you will have to take out the trash on the Fourth of July (if Thursday is your normal trash day).
And just in case it rains: click here for Emergency Backup Fireworks.
City Hall and most municipal offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019 to observe Independence Day. Public safety and emergency services will remain in operation. Here is how other city services will operate:
- Recycling, organics recycling and garbage will be collected
- Police will be on duty
- Fire and EMS personnel will be on duty
- 3-1-1 Call Center (207-6000) will be operational from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Downtown visitors will enjoy a parking meter holiday
- Dead animal collection crews will be on duty
- Animal Care Officers will be on duty
- San Antonio Botanical Garden
- Alamodome Box Office will be open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- La Villita and Market Square shops
- Parks & Recreation Department’s 24 outdoor pools
- Lap swim at the 4 regional pools (Heritage, Lady Bird Johnson, Southside Lions, Woodlawn) open from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Fitness in the Park Water Aerobics at Woodlawn Lake Park Pool opens at 8 a.m.
- Spanish Governor’s Palace
- Centro de Artes Gallery at Market Square
- Central Library and all branch libraries
- Alamodome Administrative Offices
- All Metro Health locations and clinics
- Animal Care Services Lobby and Adoption Center
- Bitters Complex Brush Recycling and Bulky Waste, 1800 Wurzbach Parkway
- Nelson Gardens Brush Recycling Center, 8963 Nelson Rd.
- Bulky waste collection centers and household hazardous waste sites (Frio City Rd., Rigsby, & Culebra)
- Solid Waste Administration Building
- Municipal Court, 401 S. Frio
- Pre-K 4 SA offices and its centers
- Carver Community Cultural Center, 226 N. Hackberry
- Senior Comprehensive Centers
- Senior Nutrition Sites (seniors or the general public may contact individual nutrition sites for holiday schedule information)
- City of San Antonio Community Service Centers
- Head Start administrative offices and school district sites
- Child Care Services administrative offices
- Office of the City Clerk, Passports, Vital Records and Municipal Archives and Records
- SAPD’s Administration and Records Section
- Parks & Recreation Summer Youth Program and Summer Nutrition Program
- Parks & Recreation Swim Classes on the 4th are rescheduled for July 5th
- Fitness in the Park and Cultural Classes will not be held
- Parks & Recreation Community Centers
- Parks & Recreation Adult and Senior Centers
- Enrique Barrera Community Fitness Center
- McFarlin Tennis Center, 1503 San Pedro
- San Antonio Natatorium, 1430 W. Cesar Chavez
- La Villita Administrative Offices
- Market Square Administrative Offices
- Culture Commons Gallery at Plaza de Armas
- Willie C. Velasquez Emergency Services Center
From San Antonio Independent School District: July 1-5 – Fourth of July week. All schools and most offices will be closed this week and will re-open Monday, July 8.
Check out this link at the San Antonio Current to find out Where to Celebrate the 4th of July in San Antonio.