Both Gov. Rick Perry and his Democratic gubernatorial challenger, Bill White, will appeal for the Latino vote during the annual conference of The National Council of La Raza in San Antonio July 9-13, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center downtown.
- Cultural and History/El Museo Pavilion: Engage with the diversity of Latino culture and history. This pavilion will feature a lowrider exhibit, a CINExpo displaying documentaries and short films, arts and crafts, live performances and a mercado area for the sale of arts and crafts from local artisans.
- Community/El Barrio Pavilion: Experience aspects of the barrios (neighborhoods) that contribute to the everyday life of Latinos in San Antonio. This pavilion will feature clinics focused on higher education and also include storytelling, puppet shows, and soccer viewing.
- Health and Fitness/Tu Salud Pavilion: Partake in free services provided by NCLR health partners. This pavilion will feature cooking demonstrations, health screenings focusing on vision, lung health, and blood pressure, among others, and join-in group exercise, fitness, and dance classes.
- NCLR Family/Familia Pavilion: Learn about NCLR’s programmatic work and access relevant publications on services for families. This pavilion will serve as the information center for the National Latino Family Expo and will feature UPS (the Title Sponsor), raffles and giveaways and publications from NCLR.
- Technology and Environment/El Futuro Pavilion: Learn about recent technological advancements in various industries that will make our everyday lives easier. This pavilion will feature video games, a cyber café and home energy-saving tips.
- TejanoExperience USA FanFare Pavilion (Saturday and Sunday): This entertainment pavilion will feature lively Tejano music from two stages, with opportunities to obtain autographs and purchase Tejano music fan merchandise.
- Career/Tus Oportunidades Pavilion (Monday only): Receive valuable career resources, regardless of your age or work experience. This pavilion will feature direct connection to employers, networking opportunities and over 20 national and local companies offering job opportunities.
- Citizenship and Immigration Assistance Session (Saturday only): Session participants will have an opportunity to receive one-on-one consultations with qualified attorneys on immigration-related issues.
- Home Rescue Fair (Sunday only): This event centers on the advice of professional housing counselors from agencies certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Participants will receive information on community resources, housing counseling agencies and legal assistance.
- Education Town Hall: "Educating our Way Out of the Economic Crisis: Everyone College-Ready," 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, July 10.
- Health Town Hall: "Childhood Obesity - A Call for Action," 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, July 11.
- Economy Town Hall: "What's the Hold Up? Strategies to Jump-Start a Stalled Economy," 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, July 12.
Visit www.latinofamilyexpo.org to learn more about the 2010 NCLR Annual Conference and the National Latino Family Expo. For more information on NCLR, please visit www.nclr.org, www.facebook.com/nationalcounciloflaraza, www.myspace.com/nclr2008 and http://twitter.com/nclr.