We have some exciting news! We just learned that in honor of #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will contribute up to $1 million to Facebook fundraisers. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will provide $500,000 in matching funds, up to $1,000 per Facebook fundraiser, and Facebook will waive up to $500,000 of fees on all donations.
The #GivingTuesday movement is also running #MyGivingStory, a national campaign that
invites people to share stories with their friends and family of why they give. They are asking individuals
across the country to share their personal reasons for giving, and then share those stories with their
communities. If your essay is selected, we could be one of the recipients to receive a grant up to $10,000.
Two Ways to Help
As a supporter of NOWCastSA, we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to reflect upon your commitment to our work by creating a Facebook fundraiser and/or entering the #MyGivingStory contest.
Create a Fundraiser
Your fundraiser could help fund up to $1,000 toward our cause. Creating a fundraiser is easy.:
Go to https://www.facebook.com/nowcastsa
Click “Create Fundraiser”
- Select from one of three cover photos (or create your own)
- Add a title, tell your story, add an end date and a goal
- Be sure to include #GivingTuesday in your description, then click Create
- From there you can invite friends, share on your News Feed or send a message
- For inspiration, check out past fundraisers on our page at: https://www.facebook.com/nowcastsa/fundraisers/
- On the #MyGivingStory tab of #GivingTuesday’s Facebook Page, (http://bit.ly/2fM4SJp) post a short essay (150-word minimum) responding to the question, “What inspires you to give?”
- Share your giving story!
- The essays need to be specific to NOWCastSA and link to our site: http://www.nowcastsa.com.
- Submissions will be open until December 31, 2016 at 5 p.m. ET.
- Share and promote your submission on social media with #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday.
The top 20 essays “liked” by Facebook readers will be sent to a distinguished panel of judges. These
judges will pick six winners and honorable mentions for best use of original video and best Spanish
language story. The winners’ associated nonprofit organizations will receive grants for $2,500 to $10,000. Winners will be announced in mid-January, 2017.
Not on Facebook?
You can mail your check made out to NOWCastSA to NOWCastSA, 600 Soledad, 6th Floor, San Antonio, TX 78205. You can donate online via the PayPal Giving Fund or on Crowdrise. All donations are tax-deductible.