Updated for 2019: Whether or not you have the day off on Presidents Day, Feb. 18, you may still be wondering, "Will my garbage be picked up?"
To answer that question first, yes, trash and recycleables will be picked up as scheduled.
Wondering about where to put the apostrophy? Scroll down to learn more.
- Central Library and all other branch libraries will be closed, but you can still access the website and the digital collection here.
- Most Bexar County offices will be closed.
- Municipal Court will be closed.
- Animal Care Services' lobby and adoption services will be closed.
- City Base, Las Palmas, Oak Ridge Plaza, South Park and Valley View community link service centers will be closed.
- Bexar County Appraisal District
- Get your golf on, as all municipal courses and facilities will be open.
- Garbage, recycleables and brush will be picked up as normally scheduled. The Bitters Brush Recycling Center will also be open.
How do you spell that?
We're following AP Style, the plural, no possessive (no apostrophe) for Presidents Day.
Different states choose different placements for their apostrophes according to this annotated account in Wikipedia:
- Presidents' Day in Hawaii, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, and Washington
- President's Day in Alaska, Idaho, Maryland, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming
- Presidents Day in Nevada, New Jersey, and Oregon
- Washington's Birthday/President's Day in Maine
- Lincoln/Washington/Presidents' Day in Arizona
- George Washington Day in Virginia
- Washington's Birthday in Illinois, Iowa,, Massachusetts, Michigan, Louisiana and New York
- Washington–Lincoln Day in Colorado, Ohio
- Washington and Lincoln Day in Utah
- Washington's and Lincoln's Birthday in Minnesota