NOWCastSA is launching a month-long crowd-funding campaign to raise $15,000 to fund maps filled with information. Click here to go to the campaign
The maps help kids, seniors and the whole community know more.
Do you know that . . .
- 1 in 4 San Antonio children live in poverty? You can help them find free food, free back-to-school shots and supplies, and a nearby community garden or a farmer’s market.
- Thousands of people in San Antonio - including babies and the elderly, who are most at risk - can’t afford air conditioning in their homes? When the heat gets blistering, you can help them find a cooling station.
- Half of San Antonio’s families earn less than $51,150? You can help them find free income tax preparation.
- Some parks and public spaces have free WiFi? You can help everyone access the Internet using just their cellphones.
- There are 953,000 people registered to vote in Bexar County? You can help them find the nearest early voting polling place.
But there is more to do. There are still kids who need school supplies and lunch. And families who need help with their taxes. Many of us need to find where to vote. You can help people get accurate trustworthy information to make smarter choices.