The City of San Antonio, Bexar County and most school districts and universities announced they would reopen on Wednesday, Jan 17, after closing for a day when an Arctic cold front brought sleet and hazardous, ice-covered streets.
But do you have to take out the trash? Yes. Scroll down for the new schedule.
Bexar County announced it will reopen at normal hours. Those called to jury duty are due at 8 a.m. The City of San Antonio said it will reopen at 10 a.m.
On social media, public school districts said they would reopen on regular schedules, while area universities announced the following start times:
- Our Lady of the Lake University: noon
- St. Mary's University: 11 a.m.
- Texas A&M University San Antonio: normal start time
- Trinity University: 11 a.m.
- University of Texas, San Antonio: noon
- University of the Incarnate Word: noon
San Antonio trash and recycling will resume under the following schedule:
- Monday collection moves to Wednesday
- Tuesday and Wednesday collection moves to Thursday
- Thursday collection moves to Friday
- Friday collection moves to Saturday
All non-essential City of San Antonio employees should report to work no later than 10 a.m. All essential San Antonio employees should report to work at their assigned times.
Bexar County said employees are asked to call the Employee Hotline 210-335-2258 for any updates or changes. Any last minute changes in schedules will be posted on our website and social media sites and distributed to local news media.
Road conditions were expected to improve by mid-morning Wednesday with increased temperatures.
Click here for a real-time listing of city road closures: http://www.sanantonio.gov/Public-Works/Emergency-Street-Closures