Replay the video: Nearly 200 people met on Nov. 29 for a wide-ranging community conversation about how San Antonio residents are moving forward together after a divisive 2016 election.
The conversation was hosted by San Antonio District 8 City Councilman Ron Nirenberg at the Santikos Bijou Cinema Bistro and included diverse participants from across the community.
- Oliver Hill, President of the San Antonio Branch of the National Association of the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Patricia Castillo, Executive Director of the P.E.A.C.E. (Putting an End to Abuse through Community Efforts) Initiative
- Phyllis Ingram, with the San Antonio Chapter of the League of Women Voters
- DeAnne Cuellar, Communications Coordinator of Equality Texas
- Jonathan Ryan, Executive Director of Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, or RAICES
- Celina Moreno, Legislative Staff Attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, or MALDEF
Watch the video:
See the social media commentary in Storify: