REPLAY VIDEO: On Tuesday, Oct. 1, we webcast a discussion about proposed Texas constitutional amendment Proposition 6 hosted by the UTSA College of Public Policy, UTSA Student Government Association (SGA) and the League of Women Voters.
"The forum serves to inform the public about Proposition 6 and how its passage would affect their lives and local governments across Texas," said Francine Romero, associate dean of the UTSA College of Public Policy. "The goal of the forum is to bring these important policy issues to the forefront of public awareness."
The panelists discussed the pros and cons of Proposition 6, which would establish the State Water Implementation Fund for Texas and the State Water Implementation Revenue Fund for Texas to assist in the financing of priority projects in the Texas State Water Plan. Voters will be asked to decide on Proposition 6 as part of the statewide Nov. 5 election.
- Linda Curtis, Director, Independent Texans
- Jennifer Garver, Uvalde city manager
- Lyle Larson, Texas state representative, District 122
- Dianne Wassenich, program manager, San Marcos River Foundation
- Moderator: Evelyn Bonavita, program vice president, League of Women Voters of the San Antonio Area
Photo by Paul Wolf, PhotXpress.com