NOWCastSA is grateful to the San Antonio Public Library which has given NOWCastSA a home in the Central Library since 2010. Under that arrangement, NOWCastSA gives the Library a number of webcasts and video services each year. As a result, San Antonio has a playlist of Poetry by Poets Laureate on YouTube, and an archive of Mayor's Summer Reading Program videos since 2010 on YouTube.
NOWCastSA was created in December 2008, when the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation awarded an initial, two-year $488,500 challenge grant, as part of a national five-year, $24 million Knight Community Information Challenge.
In June 2010, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation awarded a two-year $205,500 challenge grant to NOWCastSA, as part of the Knight Community Information Challenge. To meet that challenge, CI:Now and its partners, including the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County and Methodist Healthcare Ministries, contributed $75,000 in matching funds in 2010 and $25,000 in 2011.
In addition, NOWCastSA is grateful for generous in-kind contributions from Rackspace Hosting, which hosted NOWCastSA.com and its archived video until 2014, the Online Media Legal Network, which provides media law services.
- In 2011, NOWCastSA received a grant from the San Antonio Conservation Society.
- In 2012, NOWCastSA received a grant of $2,000 from Rack Gives Back.
- In 2013, NOWCastSA received a grant of $10,000 from the 80/20 Foundation; a grant of $5,000 from the Annie E. Casey Foundation; a grant of $10,000 from the U.S. Department of Education; a grant of $5,000 from the Best Buy Children's Foundation; a gift of $5,000 from Xerox; and, a grant of $10,000 from the Alice Kleberg Reynolds Foundation.
- In 2014, NOWCastSA received a grant of $5,000 from HEB, a gift of $2,000 from Xerox and a grant of $12,000 from the Alice Kleberg Reynolds Foundation.
- In 2015, NOWCastSA received a grant of $10,000 from the Alice Kleberg Reynolds Foundation and a grant of $4,900 from Google Fiber.
- In 2016, NOWCastSA received a grant of $5,000 from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, and a grant of $200 from the San Antonio Area Foundation.
As members of the the Institute for Nonprofit News, we subscribe to the standards of EDITORIAL INDEPENDENCE:
"Our organization retains full authority over editorial content to protect the best journalistic and business interests of our organization. We will maintain a firewall between news coverage decisions and sources of all revenue. Acceptance of financial support does not constitute implied or actual endorsement of donors or their products, services or opinions.
We accept gifts, grants and sponsorships from individuals and organizations for the general support of our activities, but our news judgments are made independently and not on the basis of donor support.
Our organization also may consider donations to support the coverage of particular topics, but our organization maintains editorial control of the coverage. We will cede no right of review or influence of editorial content, nor of unauthorized distribution of editorial content.
Our organization will make public all donors who give a total of $1,000 or more. We will accept anonymous donations for general support only if it is clear that sufficient safeguards have been put into place that the expenditure of that donation is made independently by our organization."
For a complete list of NOWCastSA underwriters and sponsors, click here.
NOWCastSA continues to seek additional revenue from grants, underwriting and sponsorships, membership and donations from foundations and individuals and will list those sources on this page, and also on the federally-required disclosures on NOWCastSA's federal Form 990.
|NOWCastSA Form 990||Annual Reports|