THE PRINCIPLES WORKSHOP, Steering Your Board toward Good Governance and Ethical Practices
Please join us for a monthly morning session exploring the critical principles and practices for effective Nonprofit Governance. Some of the main objectives covered include:
- Essential legal compliance issues related to laws and regulations, code of ethics, conflicts of interest and protection of assets.
- Essential Board responsibilities that include fiscal and governance polices, key financial transactions, annual budget and reviewing and approving mission and strategic direction.
- Importance of Board independence and associated legal and compliance issues.
- Risks of “interlocking financial relationships” among Board members and how these risks impact the organization.
- Importance of segregation of duties and associated legal and compliance issues related to the separation of CEO, Board Chair and Board Treasurer.
- How to maintain complete, accurate, and current financial records and associated legal and compliance issues.
- Availability of Information to the Public
- Accuracy and Truthfulness of Fundraising Materials
- Acknowledgment of Tax-Deductible Contributions
- Financial Records
- Resource Allocation for Programs and Administration
- Travel and other Expense Policies
- Expense Reimbursement for Nonbusiness Travel Companions
- Compliance with Donor’s Intent
- Oversight of Fundraisers
- Fundraiser Compensation
- Donor Privacy
another workshop and/or class may be issued. No refunds or credits will be given for no-shows of any workshop.