On the heels of contentious elections and just ahead of the 2017 Texas Legislative session, the Center for Public Policy Priorities will host the biennial Dare Texas Summit November 30 – December 1.
More than 250 attendees from across Texas will dig into the policy challenges and opportunities facing our state and work together to build a state where everyone is healthy, well-educated and financially secure.
The Summit will include the release of the State of Texas Children: Race & Equity in Austin report, which evaluates conditions for kids in Austin and beyond.
The report briefing will consider policies to ensure all kids—across ZIP code, family income, gender, race and ethnicity—have the ability to compete and succeed in life.
Featured speakers include:
- Nicole Collier, Texas State Representative
- Ed Emmett, Harris County Judge
- Veronica Escobar, El Paso County Judge
- Brian Gaar, Comedian
- Sylvia Garcia, Texas State Senator
- Lisa Hamilton, Vice President of External Affairs, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Donna Howard, Texas State Representative
- Alan Jenkins, Executive Director, The Opportunity Agenda
- Clay Jenkins, Dallas County Judge
- Jim Keffer, Texas State Representative
- Mark McKinnon, political advisor, co-creator/co-host of Showtime’s The Circus: The Greatest Political Show on Earth
- Jason Villalba, Texas State Representative
- and many more
Featured sessions include:
- This Old Schoolhouse: Bringing the Texas School Finance System Up to Code
- Break the Cycle of Debt: How to Tackle the Cost of College
- Dysfunctional Family Planning: From Access to Zika
- Outside the Box: Creative Strategies for Social Change
- Property Tax Role Play: From Appraisal to Budget-Writing
- and many more
For media RSVPs, please contact Oliver Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org