The Inner City Development Christmas Toy Sale is an opportunity to let neighbors who are on very limited income have a chance to be Santa to their own children - to be able to pick out the toys they want to give their children and to pay a very low cost. Over 1,000 children receive toys each Christmas.*
Day to Deliver: Sat. Dec. 8, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Actual Sale: Sunday Dec. 9, 2018
How does it work?
ICD is committed to keeping dignity in giving. A week before the sale, volunteers visit about 800 homes to drop off a ticket. This ticket allows two persons from each house to come to the center to buy toys.
What makes the sale special?
1. The toys are sold at 90% discount. A $5 toy is bought for 50 cents. The money raised at the sale goes back into helping to provide emergency services for the community.
2. You give TWICE: you give toys and you give the opportunity for parents to give their gifts to their own children.
How can you help?
- Help collect toys (and items for teenagers). Tell your school, office and club!
- We accept new or “practically” new items, including bikes, sports equipment, watches and radios. Please, no violent toys.
- Come help set up. It’s a lot of fun. Come by yourself, with a friend or bring a group. Set up will be Sat., Dec. 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Donations can be dropped off at that time.
- Donate money. We accept money to buy toys. In an act of faith that money will come in, we buy about $4,000 worth of toys. Checks can be made out to Inner City Development and sent to 1300 Chihuahua St., San Antonio, TX 78207 OR you can go onto our website and donate to our PayPal account.
- Help spread the word.
*Since 1968, we have provided Christmas gifts for over 39,000 children.