Youth, ages 6 to 14, are invited to participate in a wide variety of activities offered in a safe, structured environment during their upcoming break from school. The Parks and Recreation Department will host Spring Break Camps at 16 community centers beginning Monday, March 10, through Friday, March 14. Participants will enjoy age-appropriate arts and crafts, sports, and games.
Camp hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The cost is $3 per child, per day, and includes a lunch and a snack provided by the San Antonio Food Bank. Registration is ongoing at each of the participating community centers and space is limited to 50 participants per site.
Parents may register their children at participating centers during regular hours of operation from 2-9 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 2-7 p.m. on Friday; and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday.
This year’s list includes Woodard Community Center, which is transitioning from an open play center to a regular center during Spring Break. The center’s hours will expand and new programming will include youth sports leagues, classes, and other organized activities. Two full-time staff members will be assigned to the center.
“The expansion of hours at Woodard Community Center will help us to ensure that our children in the surrounding community have healthy, educational activities available to them throughout the year,” says District 2 City Councilwoman Ivy Taylor. “This reflects our continued commitment to improved quality of life for the entire community.”
Registration is continuing at all the centers, with the exception of Cuellar and Hamilton where all spots are filled.
For more information, call 207-3000 or visit www.sanantonio.gov/parksandrec.
Parks and Recreation participating Community Centers:
- Copernicus, 5003 Lord, 648-1072
- Cuellar (FULL), 5626 San Fernando, 436-0908
- Dawson, 2500 E. Commerce, 227-1627
- Father Roman, 11030 Ruidosa, 627-2138
- Garza, 1450 Mira Vista, 207-3239
- Hamilton (FULL), 10700 Nacogdoches, 654-7749
- Harlandale, 7227 Briar Place, 924-8021
- Melendrez, 5919 W. Commerce, 207-3235
- Miller’s Pond, 6175 Old Pearsall Rd., 623-2900
- Palm Heights, 1201 W. Malone, 207-3099
- Ramirez, 1011 Gillette Blvd., 921-0681
- San Juan Brady, 2307 S. Calaveras, 225-5410
- South Side Lions, 3100 Hiawatha, 532-1502
- Ward, 435 E. Sunshine, 732-2481
- Woodard, 1011 Locke Rd., 225-5445
- Yates, 568 Rasa, 673-1152