San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
First Friday Workshops
Friday, September 4, 2015
Morning Session (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.):
Understanding the DSM-5: Didactic Review
Back by popular demand, Dr. Augustine Sicard is back to Review the DSM-5. If you missed this workshop last year or just need a refresher, your opportunity is here! Dr. Sicard will review the changes from the DSM-IV to the DSM-5 and discuss how these changes affect our clinical practice. The workshop will focus on changes to substance use and related disorders, and common mental health disorders. Be sure to bring a DSM-5 with you to class.
*Participants will need to bring their own copy of the DSM-5. DSM-5 Books will be needed for both workshops. *
Presenter: Augustine Sicard, Ph.D., M.P.H., N.D.
Dr. Augustine Sicard is an LPC-Supervisor, LMFT-Supervisor, and a LCDC. He holds Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Modern Language, Education, Counseling, Psychology, Theology, and Public health. He is certified by The National Board for Certified Counselors, American Board of Medical Psychotherapists and Psych diagnosticians, Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Certified Clinical Supervisor by the Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc., The Association of Professional Chaplains, and the Commission on Health as a Registered Naturopathic Provider. He is presently in private practice with a group of Independent Practitioners at the McCullough Center for Mental Health Services. He serves in a number of Church commissions, and is Pastor of St. Martin and St. Rose Parish of the PNCC in San Antonio, and belongs to the Samaritan Missionaries of Prayer (a religious order).
South Texas Centre, AT&T Building, Suite 100
7500 Hwy 90 West
San Antonio, Texas 78227
Phone: (210) 225-4741
SACADA is a certified CEU provider for LCDC, LPC, CCJP, Social Workers and LMFT.
• Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
• To register for a workshop, call (210) 225-4741. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
• Walk-ins welcome but RSVP guarantees a seat. Cancellations or changes on workshops may occur.
• NO REFUNDS; however, you may receive a voucher for future attendance.
• SACADA now offers a student discount of $10.00 off per session with proof of valid student ID.
• In order to receive the student discount, participants must pay at registration on day of the training to show proof of ID.
SACADA is located in the campus of the South Texas Centre, on the first floor in the building with “AT&T” on the front.