Information from press release:
At the San Antonio – Bexar County Metropolitan Planning Organization’s (MPO) recent Call for FY 2013-2016 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) projects, partner agencies requested federal funding for 74 road, transit, rideshare, bike and pedestrian projects totaling approximately $964 million. Since the MPO has only about $50 million or about 5 percent of the total requested to allocate, these projects must be prioritized (for a complete list of projects submitted, click here). See what road, transit, rideshare, bicycle and pedestrian projects are proposed for federal funding and tell us which projects you’d like to see selected at one of six public meetings scheduled in January
- NE Meeting – 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 9 at Judson Middle School, 9695 Schaefer Road, Converse, Texas.
- NW Meeting – 6 to 8 p.m., Monday, Feb. 13 at Leon Valley Community Center, 6427 Evers Road, Leon Valley, Texas
- SW Meeting – 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb.16 at Port San Antonio Boardroom, 907 Billy Mitchell Blvd, San Antonio, Texas
- Central Meeting – 9 to 11 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 18 at VIA Community Room, 1021 San Pedro, San Antonio, Texas
- SE Meeting – 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 21 at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Avenue, San Antonio, Texas
- North Central Meeting – 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 23 at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, 1139 E. Sonterra Blvd., San Antonio Texas
View Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) public meetings in a larger map
About the MPO: MPOs are required by federal law as regional forums for transportation decision making among local governments and transportation agencies. The MPO’s transportation planning process programs over $200 million annually in federal and state gas tax dollars for our metropolitan area’s transportation system. Roadway, transit (bus and rail), rideshare (car and van pools), bicycle and pedestrian facilities are all essential parts of a safe and efficient multimodal transportation system.