San Antonio residents are invited to share their priorities for the City's Fiscal Year 2015 Budget by attending a series of citywide community budget work sessions that begin on Monday, May 19, 2014.
City staff will be available at the budget work sessions to explain important aspects of the budget process and answer questions from participants. A short video will be presented at the hearing to also help participants learn more about the budget process.
All Community Budget Work Sessions will begin at 6:30 p.m. and are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, May 19: Northwest Area: Alicia Treviño Lopez Senior Center, 8353 Culebra Rd.
- Tuesday, May 20: Southwest Area: St. Bonaventure Catholic Church, 1918 Palo Alto Rd.
- Tuesday, May 20: North Central Area: University United Methodist Church, 5084 De Zavala Rd.
- Wednesday, May 21: Northeast Area: Northeast Service Center Toolyard, 10303 Tool Yard
- Thursday, May 22: Southeast Area: S.J. Davis Middle School, 4702 E. Houston St.
Residents can also provide feedback and ideas through Budget Input Boxes located at San Antonio Public Library branches, City of San Antonio Senior Centers, City Hall and online at www.sanantonio.gov/budget.
The proposed City of San Antonio budget for Fiscal Year 2015 is scheduled to be presented to City Council on Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014. Additional budget input sessions will be conducted after the presentation to City Council so that the community can provide feedback on the proposed budget. The Fiscal Year 2015 Budget is scheduled to be adopted by City Council in September. The City's 2015 fiscal year begins on Oct. 1, 2014.