Bexar County Opens Fund for Temporary Rental Assistance

Submitted by rudyarispe on April 29, 2020 - 9:38pm

Residents in unincorporated Bexar County and 26 suburban cities, including Leon Valley, Kirby, and Somerset, can apply online for rental assistance through Bexar County’s Temporary Rental Assistance Measure (TRAM) beginning 10 a.m. May 1.

The program, managed by the Housing Authority of Bexar County (HABC), will offer one to three months of rental assistance (in accordance with HUD Fair Market Rent limits) for residents who meet HUD-established income limits for families earning 100 percent or below the Area Median Income ($72,000 for a family of 4) and who can provide proof of unemployment - such as furlough, layoff or termination - or a reduction of income because of the coronavirus pandemic.

After completing an application, individuals must submit the following:

  • Proof of current income and evidence of income loss due to COVID-19. Note: this can be in the form of an employer verification of job loss, unemployment claim, current pay stubs, etc.
  • Copy of complete and current residential lease agreement.
  • Proof of delinquent rent balance in the form of a landlord’s request and/or demand for payment or a notice to vacate.

Documentation must list the amount of rent already owed. To apply, visit or call (210) 940-1180 if you do not have internet access.

Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Payments will be made directly by HABC to the resident’s landlord.

Free Wi-Fi can also be accessed at the AT&T Center from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily in Lot 3 for those without home internet on the “spursgive” network. Free Wi-Fi is also available at the BiblioTech South parking lot at 3505 Pleasanton Road.

Residents who live within San Antonio and need rental assistance should visit  or call (210) 207-5910.