The NOWCastSA interns compiled a list of programs that help the most vulnerable. Check the list to see where you can donate and learn what items these organizations need the most.
- Daisy Cares is a non-profit organization that provides emergency pet food and financial assistance for veterinary care. Daisy Cares accepts donations given as pet food and supplies as well as monetary contributions. Drop-off locations for pet food & supply locations can be viewed at this link.
- Hope 4 Hounds provides free of charge veterinary care to homeless individuals. Hope 4 Hounds accepts monetary contributions or donated items from an Amazon wishlist.
- SA Pets Alive provides programs and services needed to eliminate the killing of at-risk animals. View their Amazon wishlist to donate.
- PAWS Shelter of Central Texas is a non-profit organization providing care to homeless, abandoned, and abused animals in Central Texas. PAWS Shelter of Central Texas accepts monetary donations.
- Leon Valley Vet Hospital has an article that offers information and advocacy for the homeless population who have pets. They also provided the Amazon wishlist for Haven for Hope’s homeless pet program called Daisy Cares Pet Program.
- Pets of the Homeless is a webpage of information on where homeless people can go to get assistance and shelter with their pets. The homeless can find a pet food provider, check wellness clinics, and emergency vet care. Pets of the Homeless accepts monetary donations.
- Animal Defense League is a no-kill shelter and accepts monetary donations.
- SA Animal Care Services is the City of San Antonio’s animal care shelter. A list of what to give and what NOT to give is provided. View their Amazon wishlist to donate their most needed items.
Food & Clothing Assistance
- Blessed Angels Community Center is an emergency food pantry that offers food assistance weekly by appointment. The center also provides clothing assistance. The center accepts monetary donations.
- Corazon San Antonio offers free meals, clothes, addiction recovery, healthcare, and hygiene services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. Corazon San Antonio accepts monetary donations.
- In partnership with Church Under the Bridge, the non-profit organization, Taking it to the Streets provides free weekly Saturday dinners to the homeless and impoverished. Taking it to the Streets also provides free clothing and other basic necessities to those in need. Taking it to the Streets accepts monetary donations.
- Life Restored Church offers free dinners, breakfast, hygiene items, clothing to the homeless. The church also offers places to shower and winter shelter for the homeless when temperatures drop below 32°C. Help out its outreach program by providing a monetary donation.
- Traveling Loaves & Fishes is a non-profit organization that assists in providing free meals, hygiene items, and clothing to impoverished and homeless individuals. Traveling Loaves & Fishes accepts monetary donations.
- West Avenue Compassion is a non-profit organization that provides a food & clothing pantry to the public. Support West Avenue Compassion by providing a monetary donation.
- San Antonio’s Network of Free Little Pantries is a list of local pantries that consist of food, clothing, and personal hygiene items. A map is also provided.
- Christian Assistance Ministry provides food, clothing, utility assistance, prescription assistance, ID recovery (vital for help with housing, insurance, employment), a free place to receive mail, and transportation to medical appointments or bus passes for the newly employed. CAM’s most needed items are on this Amazon wishlist.
- Haven for Hope offers 24/7 emergency housing, temporary housing, and supportive housing services to the community free of charge. Haven for Hope has a kennel program for the pets of residing individuals and also provides an array of services such as health care, addiction recovery, education, employment, and legal services. Haven for Hope accepts monetary contributions as well as clothing, food, hygiene, and household items that can be dropped off at its donation center. Monetary support can also be provided through purchasing items on their AmazonSmile wishlist.
- SAMMinistries help the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless attain self-sufficiency by offering shelter, housing, and services. Check their Amazon wishlist to help.
- Catholic Worker House (Day Center and Courtyard) provides a safe haven to rest, socialize, enjoy a meal, obtain hygiene supplies, send or receive phone calls and other services.
- Donate Includes donation page and items that are in need.
- Homeless Resource Guide PDF includes information on different resources for the homeless.
- Seton Home Safe Shelter Shelter for children, families and expecting parents.
- Wish List Includes items to donate that are needed in the shelter
- San Antonio's Homeless Connections Hotline: (210) 207-1799
- Rental/ Mortgage Assistance Information provided by the San Antonio government.
- Family Violence Prevention Services offer residential and non-residential clients shelter, transitional housing, counseling for adults, children, families, and legal services. To view what items are needed, view their donation page here.
- Disabilitysa is a nonprofit that advocates for people with disabilities through education and creating opportunities. You can donate monetarily, or sign up for AmazonSmile.
- The Arc of San Antonio is an organization that provides a network of support to the disability community and has developed programs and partnerships that address issues people with disabilities face. Monetary donations are requested and shopping with AmazonSmile will automatically support the organization.
- San Antonio Independent Living Services has programs that provide information and education to the community, in addition to independent living skills, and peer support. San Antonio Independent Living Services accepts monetary donations