Are you wondering how to help the people of Ukraine? Below are some trustworthy organizations that are accepting donations to help the people of Ukraine and the refugees in other countries.
Scroll down for a list of local businesses that are donating profits to help the Ukrainian people.
More than a million children and families have already fled Ukraine to neighboring countries — this number could quickly grow to 5 million. In Poland, Romania, Moldova and within Ukraine, Project HOPE emergency teams are delivering essential medicines like insulin and other relief for refugees and the displaced.
Project Hope: Crisis in Ukraine
International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC water engineers and doctors aim to help more than 3 million people access clean water and improve the living conditions of more than 66,000 whose homes have been damaged by heavy fighting in Ukraine.
ICRC Ukraine Crisis Donation Page
Catholic Relief Services:
CRS and its partner, Caritas Poland, partners on the ground, are preparing across Ukraine and in bordering countries, providing safe shelter, hot meals, hygiene supplies, transport to safe areas, counseling support and more.
Catholic Relief Services: Urgent Need in Ukraine
UNICEF has been working nonstop in eastern Ukraine, delivering lifesaving programs for affected children and families as fighting has taken an increasingly heavy toll on the civilian population of 3.4 million people — including 510,000 children — living in the Donbas region.
UNICEF: Children in Crossfire of Ukraine Crisis
UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
UNHCR works to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war or disaster at home.
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises, including the conflict in Ukraine and the crisis in Afghanistan.
UIRC: Ukrainian Crisis Donation Page
CBS news also compiled a list of organizations providing aid to Ukraine: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-refugees-donations-charity/
How to Help Locally
A number of San Antonio-area organizations are helping Ukraine. If you know of another effort, please tell us via email to email@example.com.
Start by following UkrainianSA on Instagram (@ukranian_san_antonio) or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ukrainiansanantonio
UkrainianSA has raised $250,000 for medical supplies for Ukraine, according to this article in the San Antonio Express-News.
UkranianSA also highlights other small businesses that are donating their profits to Ukraine. They also post fundraisers to help the Ukrainian people.
Ukrainian Society of San Antonio
- Another organization that does events to help the Ukrainian people, is the Ukrainian Society of San Antonio, they regularly post on their Facebook page events they are hosting, profits they collect will go to the Ukrainian people.
- They have recently done a Ukrainian bake sale with many traditional baked goods.
Bakery Lorraine (@bakery_lorraine)
- Selling Macarons in the colors of the Ukrainian flag
- 100% of their sales they receive from the Ukrainian macarons will be donated to UkrainianSA to help orphanages in Ukraine
- Starting on March, 11th REVOLUTION is donating their sales from all their single cycling class purchases to UkranianSA
- They also hosted a stand with Ukraine charity ride on March 16
Laika Cheesecakes and Bakery (@laikacheesecakes)
- Donated 100% of all cheesecake sales one weekend to help the Ukraine Army in February
- They are still accepting donations and have collected more than $100,000 to help the Ukrainian Army
When donating to any organization make sure your gift is going to those who need it.