Scroll to the question in the Accountability Session, then click on the link to jump to that spot in the video with the candidates’ answer.
The Accountability Session was hosted by COPS/Metro Alliance on April 18, 2021. Watch the entire video here: https://youtu.be/qf2AuF3Z1Mc
Incumbent Mayor Ron Nirenberg attended the Accountability Session and responded to the questions. Challenger Greg Brockhouse was invited but did not attend.
Here are the COPS/Metro questions: https://youtu.be/qf2AuF3Z1Mc?t=2408
Q: Will you commit to only voting in support of a police contract that does the following:
- Ensures that the chief can hold officers accountable,
- Eliminates the 48-hour preparation period
- Ensures that the 180-day timeline begins when an officer's supervisor learns of the offense, and
- Ensures that past offenses can be introduced as evidence in discipline investigations
Q: On the topic of education, will you commit to ensuring Southside ISD is brought into the broadband program?
Q: Will you commit to ensure Ready to Work SA does the following:
- Place participants in jobs that pay at least $20 per hour
- Provide wrap around services
- Structure the program to look like a foundation
Q: Regarding the power outages, will you commit to ensuring that CPS and SAWS costs will be equitably divided between residential customers and businesses?
Q: Will you ensure weatherization on Proposition A? Will you support bond funding for the rehab of owner-occupied housing?
Ron Nirenberg’s answers: https://youtu.be/qf2AuF3Z1Mc?t=2512