As the first classical music ensemble in the U.S. to return to a major concert hall with a live audience, Agarita presents “A Community Celebration with Agarita: Reinventing the Concert Experience” at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 13 in the H-E-B Concert Hall of the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts. Admission is free on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open one hour before the performance.
“Reinventing the Concert Experience has been at the core of Agarita’s mission since we formed and is even more relevant today,” said Sarah Silver Manzke, Agarita co-president and violinist. “As we all witness the most monumental and abrupt transition the performing arts has ever seen, we are thrilled to help navigate the way back to safe, live performances by teaming up with the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.”
Dedicated to making the experience safe, Agarita is teaming with the Tobin Center to implement COVID-19 safety protocols. This intermission-free concert will be under 75 minutes.
The program is a vibrant showcase of the collaborations that has made Agarita’s mission impactful, and a celebration of some of the inspiring artistry that exists in our own backyard. The program features music by John Williams, Astor Piazzolla, Alexandre Tansman, Dmitri Shostakovich, Alberto Ginastera, Charles Ives, Jessica Meyer and Joaquín Turina.
Collaborations include photography by Natalia Sun, projected artwork from the McNay Art Museum, sculpture by Danville Chadbourne, spoken word from students of SAY Sí, and poetry by Laura van Prooyen that will accompany the music.
Agarita nourishes the local community through artistic collaborations, community engagement, and free, adventurous programming. Founded by four musicians rooted in San Antonio, Agarita is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit devoted to reaching new audiences by reinventing the concert experience. For more information, visit agarita.org.
Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols at The Tobin Center:
- All attendees will be temperature screened before entry. Patrons with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to enter.
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance and anytime they are away from their seats or designated areas. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- No outside food or drinks
- No large purses, backpacks or bags
- Touch-free payments and ticket scanning
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Seating in the H-E-B Performance Hall will be every other row with two seats empty between parties for adequate social distancing.
- Floor markers for social distancing will be in place at all cueing locations- Parking garage elevator lobbies, Tobin elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise, restrooms, & box office.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the theater and will not be allowed to enter if elevated
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.